Mark your calendars for October 14th, 2023, because Dripping Springs, Texas, is about to be right in the path for the best viewing of the solar eclipse!
A solar eclipse is not just your run-of-the-mill celestial event; it’s a rare alignment of the sun, moon, and Earth. For a brief moment, the moon cloaks the sun in a shadowy embrace, turning day into twilight. It’s a spectacle that has fascinated humanity for centuries, and it’s coming to our charming town of Dripping Springs and other parts of the Texas Hill Country!
October 14th at Dripping Springs, Texas you will be able to see the eclipse from 10:23 a.m. until 1:32 p.m. Coverage will peak at 11:53 a.m!
Tips for Eclipse Day
- Safety First: Always use solar viewing glasses to protect your eyes. Buy some HERE
- Arrive Early: Pick your viewing spot in advance and get there early to beat the crowd.
- Capture the Moment: Bring your camera, but don’t forget to experience the eclipse with your own eyes too!
If you want to be in on the next solar eclipse where Dripping Springs will be in the totality of the eclipse path then mark your calendars for April 8, 2024! This event only happens once every 300 years! Mercer Street will be closed April 7-8th for a celebration of the total eclipse with vendors and fun!
Nestled in the heart of Texas Hill Country, Dripping Springs is not just a prime spot for eclipse-watching; it’s a haven for those who love the great outdoors, artisanal goods, and a sense of community. Known as the “Gateway to the Hill Country,” our town offers a blend of natural beauty and local charm that makes it the perfect backdrop for this celestial event.
Fun Things to Do in Dripping Springs
- Hamilton Pool Preserve: Before the eclipse, take a hike to this famous landmark and enjoy looking at the beautiful hill country scenes and try to spot the giant catfish swimming in the pool!
- Dripping Springs Distillery: For the adults, why not take a tour and enjoy some locally crafted vodka? Try their Spicy Springs drink that has pineapple and jalapeno!
- Dripping Springs Farmers Market: Stock up on local produce, crafts, and goodies. Perfect for a picnic under the eclipsing sun!
- Hiking and Biking Trails: With numerous parks and natural reserves, there’s no shortage of trails for those looking to get active. Reimer’s Ranch has the most beautiful trails for mountain biking, but you’d be surprised at how the hiking trails behind Ranch Park can really take you to another place!
- Local Cafés and Eateries: From gourmet coffee shops to down-home barbecue joints, Dripping Springs offers a range of dining options that cater to all taste buds. Check out Summer Revival Wine, Pig Pen BBQ and Thyme and Dough!
Dripping Springs offers a lifestyle that’s hard to beat. It’s a place where you can enjoy the thrill of hiking through “God’s Country” in the morning and then unwind with a glass of local wine as the sun sets over the hills at one of the local wineries. The community is tight-knit, with regular events, festivals, and a general atmosphere of neighborly love. It’s not just a place to live; it’s a place to thrive.
So, whether you’re a local or planning a visit, Dripping Springs is the place to be on October 14th, 2023 or April 8th, 2024. Come for the eclipse, stay for the lifestyle. Trust me, you’ll be over the moon about what this town has to offer!
See you under the eclipsing sun!
Do you love the Texas Hill Country, too? I’m a local real estate agent and blog about the fun places to go, awesome local businesses and people who live here. Have adventures or a business you’d like to see featured? Reach out and share them with me! Need to buy or sell a home here? Just contact me at 512-569-8480 or firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
Check out my Dripping Springs Guide HERE.
Click HERE to watch my Dripping Springs Youtube Channel.
Click HERE to view current homes on the market.
Click HERE to get a FREE home valuation
Click HERE to learn more about the local adventure and businesses!